Tuesday, February 1, 2011

St Tropez, best tan? or not a fan?

Hi Everyone,

I have really wanted to try a good face tanner for a while now and with all the hot weather we are having here in Australia at the moment there was no better time then now.

As much as I love makeup I will admit that during really hot weather I tend to hate wearing as much as I normally do. This is for a few reasons:

1) When its really hot I find my foundation melts off me! Especially if I wear sunglasses! Im often left with no foundation on the parts of my face that touch the glasses.

2) Hot weather just makes me want to keep my face fresh and clean.

The problem with wearing no makeup in summer for me is that my face is left ghostly white as all foundations have SPF15 in them and the rest of my body is normally quite tanned.

Onto St Tropez! I picked up their everyday gradual face tan 50ml in medium dark for $33.95 at my local drugstore.  To be honest for the amount of product you get in this tube I think its quite pricey however I have always heard great things about St Tropez and I figured I'm putting it on my face and shouldn't skimp.



CONS

  • The smell.. I had read on some reviews that this had a pleasant smell. To be honest to me it smells like...fake tan and the smell is quite strong.
  • Price and size. For the size of this tube the amount of product you receive you will not last you long at all if used everyday as instructed on the box.
  • Consistency, The cream is very very runny. When I apply this tan I don't even squeeze the tube to release product. I simply hold it upside down and let it drip into my palm.
PROS

  • The cream is absorbed very quickly into the skin which means there is no waiting around for drying.
  • Non greasy means you could apply this and be out the door fast.
RESULTS

Today is my second day using the cream and Im not really noticing much of a difference. If you want quick results I do not recommend this product for you. I will keep using the product for another five days and provide you with a update!

Have you tried any other St Tropez products? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment